We’re always searching for something, and while this could go down an existential path, we’ll limit our focus to searching for information in PeopleSoft. When we do need to find information, we want to be able to find it quickly and easily.
With the introduction of Elasticsearch in Tools 8.55, searching for data in PeopleSoft became significantly easier and much, much faster. Prior to the introduction of Elasticsearch, PeopleSoft used Verity and SES. Beginning in PeopleTools 8.56, Elasticsearch became the only supported search engine; Verity and SES are discontinued. In PeopleTools 8.54 and 8.55, SES will only be supported until April 30, 2018.
If you haven’t implemented Elasticsearch, here is some of the very cool functionality you’re missing out on:
- Find the Search Icon in the header anywhere within the application
- From the main menu or any page
- Conduct global searches across all application pillars
- Set up specific Search Categories by Security Role
- View number of results within search category quickly with facets
- Use the “More Options” to refine search criteria
- Use related content to take action directly from search results
- Search for structured and unstructured data, including attachments
If you haven’t implemented Elasticsearch, now’s a good time to search out PeopleTools 8.55 or 8.56 and see what you can find.
If you are searching for answers, have any questions or would like to chat about this or any other PeopleSoft module please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.Posted by