Oracle Displays Commitment to PeopleSoft by Empowering Customers and Partners with Early Access to Upcoming Release
Redwood Shores, Calif. – March 25, 2013
- Underscoring its commitment to help Oracle’s PeopleSoft customers and partners accelerate upgrades and new implementations, Oracle today announced the Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 Early Success Program.
- With an innovative new user experience, expanded product functionality and enhanced lifecycle management, PeopleSoft 9.2 enables organizations to drive user adoption and value while reducing total cost of ownership.
- Beginning in January of this year, Early Success Program customers and partners have received access to PeopleSoft software for human capital management (HCM), finance, procurement and supply chain management (SCM) before general availability to support their planned 2013 implementations of PeopleSoft 9.2.
- Crossing industries and geographies, the first wave of customer participants include: AARP, Caterpillar Inc., Franklin Templeton Investments, Washington University in St. Louis, Westfield and Verizon. More than fifteen customers have received early versions of PeopleSoft 9.2 prior to general availability.
- Working alongside Specialized partners and experts, Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances and drive better business performance with PeopleSoft applications.
- More than 20 Oracle PartnerNetwork Partners were selected to receive the early version of PeopleSoft 9.2 to gain critical knowledge that supports successful customer adoptions. Initial partners include: Accenture LLC, BTR Group, Cardinal Point Solutions, Cognizant, CSC, Deloitte Consulting, Ellire, GreyHeller, Huron Consulting Group, Infosys, KPMG, MIPRO, Newbury Consulting Group, PwC, Regents Consulting LLC, SmartERP Solutions, Succeed Consultancy LLC, Wipro, and Zanett.
- Leveraging Oracle VM VirtualBox technology has enabled these customers and partners to accelerate the download and setup of the PeopleSoft 9.2 environments.
- Oracle Consulting Services and the Oracle Upgrade Lab are utilizing PeopleSoft 9.2 as part of the Early Success Program.
- The Early Success Program provides strategic customers and partners direct hands-on access to PeopleSoft 9.2 before general availability. They also provide feedback to the PeopleSoft development team to help enhance the solution for the rest of the customer base.
Innovations in PeopleSoft 9.2 Extend Business Value for Customers
- Significant new functionality in the latest release adds value to Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications, including comprehensive business and industry solutions designed to address the most complex requirements. New features include:
- User experience enhancements: help drive adoption and efficiency through updated global search and guided navigation.
- New mobile capabilities: provide a superior experience for users on tablets and smartphones through HTML5 applications.
- PeopleSoft Update Manager: gives customers a more cost-effective way to stay current by allowing the selective configuration and application of updates from Oracle.
- Pivot grids: provide real-time access to actionable operational analytics.
- Personalized work centers: deliver a role-based one-stop-shop for key enterprise users.
- Existing PeopleSoft customers and partners may access pre-release notes at My Oracle Support.
- “With revolutionary innovations in user experience and operational efficiency, Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 has already received very positive feedback from customers and partners,” said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Applications. “This program reflects Oracle’s commitment to helping our customers leverage world-class technology to power their businesses by listening to customers’ feedback and connecting them with deeply knowledgeable experts.”
- “The implementation of Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 will provide AARP with a platform that will allow for system consolidation savings, best in class processes, high power user interface that improves productivity and efficiency, increased financial data visibility and enhanced data integrity,” said Robert Hagans, Jr., Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer at AARP.
- “For anyone who is wondering whether Oracle is really still making large, strategic investments in the PeopleSoft product line, they need look no further than release 9.2. This release offers a unique combination of product innovation and lifecycle management tools that are already gaining mindshare with MIPRO’s clients,” said Jim Prokes, CEO and President of MIPRO Consulting.
- “Oracle’s PeopleSoft continues to be an important solution for our clients and demand from both new and existing customers looking to adopt the latest upgrades has never been higher,” said Joy Walton, managing director, Huron Consulting Group. “We’ve seen the impressive new functionality and capabilities in PeopleSoft 9.2, and are looking forward to helping our education and healthcare clients leverage these features to improve efficiency and enhance user experience.”
- “Cognizant’s PeopleSoft practice works with many large enterprise clients. We believe that the new features of the 9.2 release, together with our capabilities to deliver comprehensive and innovative PeopleSoft services, can help our clients reduce total cost of ownership and realize enhanced business value from their PeopleSoft systems. These benefits will enable our clients to invest in innovation and business transformation for long-term growth in today’s dynamic marketplace. As an organization with over 50 delivery centers and more than 150,000 employees across five continents, we also rely on PeopleSoft to run our core business functions globally and look forward to leveraging the business benefits of Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2,” said Cesar Jelvez, Vice President, Enterprise Application Services, Cognizant.
- “Oracle’s PeopleSoft continues to be one of the leading solutions in the marketplace and version 9.2 is highly anticipated by the market,” said Brian Borzone, principal Deloitte Consulting LLP. “As a Diamond-level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork, Deloitte looks forward to helping clients leverage PeopleSoft 9.2 for their enterprise needs.”
- “Oracle’s PeopleSoft continues to be an important solution in our strategic services offering and there is significant interest from both new and existing customers looking to adopt the latest release of PeopleSoft,” said Biplab Adhya, Vice President, Wipro Technologies. “We’ve seen the impressive new functionality and capabilities in PeopleSoft 9.2, and we are investing in updating our solutions and IP accordingly to help our clients leverage these features effectively.”
- “The new capabilities enabled by Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2 will help our clients significantly enhance their business performance,” said Ravi Kumar S., Vice President and Global Head, Oracle Practice, Infosys. “Oracle’s PeopleSoft is an important part of our strategic services offering, and as a Diamond-level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork, we look forward to leveraging these new features to help our clients increase productivity.”
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc and Otus